ASK YOUR PET’S MICROCHIP DATABASE IF THEY SUPPORT COMPULSORY SCANNING & MICROCHIP REGISTRATION CHECKS BY THE VETERINARY PROFESSION:
After the revelation that the Kennel Club and Petlog do not support compulsory microchip checks, we wondered what the position is for the remaining 13 UK databases.
Dear _ Microchip Database,
My pets microchip number is:-
I am one of your customers and I would like to know the answer to the following questions:-
- Do you support compulsory microchip registration checks by the veterinary profession at first treatment, to check that pets are registered with up to date contact information and help to find missing and sold on, stolen pets?
- Do you support compulsory microchip registration checks by rescues at hand-ins?
- Do you check with the registered keeper before transferring keepership?
- Do you contact the registered keeper when a reported missing microchipped pet is scanned?
- Do you run a 24/7 live phone service?
I look forward to your reply.
You must make sure that your dog is registered on one of the following databases (they all meet government standards):
Animal Microchips: https://animalmicrochips.co.uk
Animal Tracker: https://www.animaltracker.co.uk
MicroChip Central: https://www.microchipcentral.com
National Veterinary Data Service: https://nvds.co.uk
Pet Identity UK: https://www.petidentityuk.info
UK PETtrac: https://www.pettrac.co.uk
You can be fined up to £500 if your dog is registered on a database that is not on the list and your pet will show as unregistered when scanned.
If you don’t know which database your pets microchip is registered on use this link: https://www.check-a-chip.co.uk
LET US KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.